The Diploma in Security Management is an applied learning program, aligning industry skills, experience and professional development to your career path. The certification provides the professional development foundation required for career development for all hospitality managers.
The certification is delivered through a series of online training courses in the core competencies of Security Management, as well as four elective topics covering key skill areas as well as general knowledge and associated soft skills. On completion of the core and elective courses, you will be required to complete a case study, based on an actual operating hotel.
|Applied Professional Development
- Hotel Security Awareness
- Hotel Security Operations
- Research and Comply with Regulatory Compliance
- Establish and Conduct Business Relationships
- Manage Risk
- Manage Finances within a Budget
Skills courses deliver an interactive learning environment including simulations and demonstrations, supported by quizzes to ensure your learning is retained. The course format allows you the flexibility to progress at your own pace, as well as to repeat and review courses as you require.
Elective Courses (Choose 4):
- Develop and Implement a Business Plan
- Manage Operational Plan
- Recruit and Induct Staff
- Manage Finances
- Make a Presentation
- Enhance the Customer Service Experience
- Manage Employee Relations
- Prepare and Monitor Budgets
- Manage Meetings
The elective courses provide specialisations in specific areas of management, enabling you to focus on the department functions that are of particular interest.
You will receive:
- 12 months access to all core and elective courses
- A certificate is awarded for each course you complete
- Access to online courses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Certificate on successful completion of the Professional Development Program