This course covers the landscape and management of accommodation distribution and explains the role of distribution costs in a revenue strategy.
This course covers the landscape and management of accommodation distribution and explains the role of distribution costs in a revenue strategy. Growth in digital travel shoppinghas provided many additional competitive options for consumers, which provides hotels with many more potential sources of revenue. Thiscourse is a starting point for any member of the hotel commcoursey to better understand distribution dynamics and its impact on hotel profitability.
Please allow for approximately 90 minutes to complete this course, including quizzes and checks for understanding along the way.
- The definition of Distribution within the Accommodation sector
- The definition of accommodation Inventory and how it is managed
- The types of distribution channels
- The factors of the Cost of Sale
- The important role of technology in a Distribution Strategy
- The definition of Rate Parity and its role in Distribution
- An introduction to Digital Distribution
- Technology available to manage distribution
- Revenue Departments role in Account managing 3rd parties
- Current issues in Distribution