Principles and Practices of Bar and Beverage Management
Format: Electronic Format
ISBN: 978-1-908999-36-8 hbk; 978-1-908999-37-5 pbk
Published Date: March 2013
Please note, this is the downloadable electronic version of the book. The hard copy version is also available.
Principles and Practices of Bar and Beverage Management is a comprehensive text and resource book designed to explain the latest developments and new complexities of managing modern bars – be they stand alone or part of larger institutions such as hotels and resorts.
Consumer expectations have changed, and a bar today must deliver an integrated social experience in a safe modern environment, which also offers the latest products and services in a professional and engaging fashion. Against a background of increasing competition and an increasingly sophisticated customer base, this text has been designed to support the bar and beverage skills of students and professionals. It will be the primary reference source in meeting the professional skills and development needs of those who aspire to a career in the bar, restaurant and hospitality industry. It gives the reader:
- A complete guide to every aspect of bar management from customer care, marketing, beverages and beverage management, the economic context and bar technology- to key issues of health and safety;
- A well defined pedagogic structure giving objectives and learning outcomes, discussion points, further reading and end of chapter summaries;
- Links to relevant web, visual and audio- resources;
- A clear logical progression through all the key topics plus the technical skills, practices and latest developments in the bar and beverage sector;
- Numerous examples and case studies from within the bar and beverage industry
It will fully meet the needs of students on full and part-time programmes worldwide in the fields of bar, restaurant, hotel, hospitality and food and beverage management in universities, hotel schools and a wide range of vocational courses. It will also be a superb reference for professionals developing their careers in the industry.
Its companion reference handbook Principles and Practices of Bar and Beverage Management: The Drinks Handbook concentrates on the complexities of managing modern bars. Together the two books create a must-have toolkit for all students and industry professionals in the fields of food and beverage management. Online resources in the form of PowerPoint slides will accompany this text.