International Spa Management
International Spa Management is the first text to address the Spa Industry’s industry needs. It provides a sound and thorough guide for all future spa managers looking at all aspects on the successful running of a spa facility.
The spa industry is big business – it’s estimated worth is $60 billion, and averages 18% annual growth. The number of day spas has increased by 34.4% globally, from 2003 to 2006; in the same period the number of medical spa locations more than doubled. International Spa Management is:
- The first text to provide a thorough insight into the world of spa management – an international growth phenomenon;
- Written by a team of industry and academic experts from a leading instution in the field of spa management education;
- Look at all aspects of spa management from HR and training, to marketing and finance;
- Responds to calls for more rigorous research in the field of spa and provides a much needed text for the study of spa.
Even though spa has a long and extensive history, spa education is relatively new, with education at degree level newly introduced across the world. This is in response to the current recognised shortage currently of adequately trained and experienced individuals across all levels in the industry.
International Spa Management is the first text to address these industry needs. It provides a sound and thorough guide for all future spa managers looking at all aspects on the successful running of a spa facility. Divided into four parts it discusses the following:
- The spa industry: types (mineral and thermal) and destinations
- The spa consumer: behaviour, service and spa design
- The business of spas: marketing, operations, finance and training
- Future directions: strategizing for the future
Cross-Departmental, Executive, Spa