Golf continues to represent the largest sports-related travel market valued at £30 billion with over 50 million golf tourists travelling the world to play on some of the estimated 40,000 courses. Golf Tourism is the leading text for both students and practitioners and the completely updated and revised new edition discusses the latest issues:
- The golf tourist: golfing for leisure and business, demographics, psychographics.
- Planning for golf tourism: the development of golf resort communities, golf destinations, the link between golf and real estate.
- The management and marketing of golf tourism: including operations, finances, HR issues, and the role of the Internet, advertising, PR and promotions.
- The impact of golf tourism: Environmental, social and economic impacts
- 40 up to date cases illustrating every aspect of the industry globally
- The rise of golf tourism in the emerging markets of Asia and the Middle East
Each chapter begins with a Golf Tourism Spotlight section which focuses on the achievements of successful individuals or organizations in the golf tourism industry. Also in each chapter there are two Golf Tourism Snapshots consisting of short, real-life cases which illustrate a particular concept or theoretical principle. At the end of every chapter there will be an up-to-date, relevant and detailed Case Study designed to foster critical thinking, which illustrate actual business scenarios that stress several concepts found in the chapter.