Food and Beverage Management
Format: Digital Edition
Number of pages: 332
Pub date: September 2011
Please note, this is the downloadable digital edition. You will require Adobe Digital Editions for Windows or Apple Mac devices, or one of the approved eBook readers listed in the eHotelier Resource Center.
This fourth edition of the best selling textbook Food and Beverage Management for the hospitality, tourism & event industries has been updated and revised to take account of current trends within education and the hospitality, tourism and leisure industries. In particular the consideration of food and beverage (or foodservice) operations includes greater account being taken of the management of food service operations within a changing business environment.
Key features of the book:
- Clear, user friendly and structured text based on the development of the foodservice cycle
- Content based on the application of systems operations management theory to traditional and current industry practice in food and beverage operations
- Sets the consideration of the management of food and beverage operations within a broader business framework.
- Specially designed to support learning being divided into ten chapters, ideal for semester teaching, with each chapter having identified learning outcomes and the provision of references and additional sources of information, together with supporting PowerPoint presentations
- Written by an experienced team of authors including John Cousins and David Foskett who are recognised authorities in food and beverage operations and culinary arts.
Food and Beverage Management has been constructed to meet the need of a range of education provision at diploma and undergraduate levels; for in-company training programmes, and to provide a sound foundation on which to extend higher level studies. It is an ideal text for students and practitioners involved at a variety of levels in food and beverage (or foodservice) management within the hospitality, tourism, leisure and events industries. The book will also be of value to those in the hospitality, tourism and events industries who are responsible for purchasing food and beverage services.
Food and Beverage Management is a fantastic insight into the mechanics behind the all operational and management aspects of Food and Beverage. The range of this book is vast and covers an amalgamation of traditional styles and more modern techniques. This book is a concise, inspiring and educational read on the wonderful world of Food and Beverage Management’ Ashley Shaw, House Manager, The Westbury, Mayfair, London
“…great care has been given to detail, topics both current and futuristic and an overall operational view that a student can only cherish, treasure and use well into his or her career… This shall and will remain a brilliant reference … ” Cyrus Todiwala, Chef Patron, Café Spice Namasté, London